Monday, June 6, 2011

Goodbye, Spatchanko.


Spatchanko and I have had quite the relationship over the years.  So much so I don't remember much of it.  Mainly some broken objects scattered around town with the occasional random piece of property magically sitting in my living room when I come around in the morning.  The cover-tuck shame at first light waking up next to Night Beasts I would have never given the nod to.  Money gone from my wallet, a lot of it in fact.  Meeting the same people multiple times.  Remembering nothing. 
It's a damn curse to be charming and persuasive. But that's not me.

I'm pretty damn sick of Spatchanko.   

So I'm cutting him off.  No booze for 60 days.  August 5.

Today happens to be the 4th anniversary of my bike ride across the country.  That also took 60 days.
The more I've thought about it, I haven't felt very challenged since August 5, 2007. 
So here's to Sober Sixty Summer. 
Why broadcast this to you all?  I need some accountability and there's no greater motivator then the "You can't, you won't." crowd.   So bring it on.
And if you see a few pics of booze and fishing, biking and such on this blog before August 5 - They ain't mine. 

4 comments:

  1. Shit, with all the money you will save, you could probably afford to make it out here this fall with Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning on it. Stupid work in Oregon last year. At least I got skunked on the Deschutes cause the douche kid at the fly shop was serving me some karma from my being the douche kid at the fly shop days... I'll be there. With scatterguns and a ticket to the Big Horn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you also be 86'in drunk cyclist from you blogroll?
    Just kidding, nice move uncle Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Doom! Still have two wheels and one dark lord though! Ha!

    ReplyDelete