Friday, October 23, 2009

There are those times..



when you find something you weren't looking for, and these are things that complement your beliefs, shrink your world, and make you slightly closer to that dangerous feeling of contentment.

Via Buster, I discovered this last night.

Drinking Song, by Jim Harrison

I want to die in the saddle. An enemy of civilization.
I want to walk around in the woods, fish and drink.
I'm going to be a child about it and I can't help it,
I was born this way and it makes me very happy to fish and drink.

I left when it was still dark and walked on the path to the river,
the Yellow Dog, where I spent the day fishing and drinking.

After she left me and I quit my job and wept for a year and all
my poems were born dead, I decided I would only fish and drink.

Water will never leave earth and whiskey is good for the brain.

What else am I supposed to do in these last days but fish and drink?

In the river was a trout and I was on the bank, my heart in my chest,
clouds above, she was in NY forever and I, fishing and drinking.

1 comment: