Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Projects

Lenny called me up and invited me up to "The Project". This place was restored by a prestigious fish school. I'll leave it at that.
It's on private land, and Lenny married into the family.
There are some monsters in here, I had a healthy brown hit my streamer nearly right in front of me. My old buddy Grayson had a brown on in the 25+ range in the summer.
But today it was the average 14 to 16 inch wild rainbows who were hammering our streamers. All streamers, all day. That's the best way to fish in my book. Dry flies are fun, but when these wild bows tackle your #4, you get to go for a ride.
first blood

average fish

Lenny and his lobster.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, having a trout hit your streamer gets your blood flowing.....too bad the wind came up some much....it was still fun. I cant wait to get back up there. Catch Uncle Leroy.

    ReplyDelete