Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Goodbye, Truckee.


I love the Truckee.

 I learned to fly fish here, and mastered the art of avoiding people on its sometimes crowded banks.  I met one of my best friends in the world fishing it, the dude above.  I had no wading boots at the time, just trodding along on a snowy New Years Eve in some Vans skate shoes I had in the back of my truck when I ran into this dude.  We hit it off and he sold me some cheap ass boots at the shop a few days later.  I also stuck my first fish on a dry fly I had tied myself that day, a fly that I just realized is still stuck in the visor of my truck - which I sold two days ago.
It was a good last day on the water with the Gil. We didn't bring down the house, but we did have a great time and came up with another series of inside jokes that only get more hilarious as we get balder, fat, and increasingly ugly.

See you in April, ye ole beast.  Keep the runoff away for at least a day so I can get tugs.




1 comment: