Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Makin your bench time count.


My clients raped me boxes this weekend. I went through about 40+ flies in 2 days. I should be tying up caddis pupas, stonefly nymphs, PMD nymphs, and some hoppers.
But I tied 2 dozen comparaduns, with gray adams bodies and zelon tails cause I can't find any of my goddamm microfibbet shit. They're an experiment, since the Adam's has always been one of my favorite dry flies. 2 dozen is a bit overboard, but I can always give them to somebody.
It was between that and tying up some Zoo Cougars in orange. I didn't have any orange mallard flank.
I can't tell the difference between my chest hair and the deer hair, next time it's shirt's on or no scalping.


I went carping yesterday with Scotty JR, and we had a few takes and both boned the sets. At least I was still drunk from a night of cops, fireworks, illegal boxing, drinking too much and running barefoot hopping fences because of a combination of two of the things above.

I tied up some of Mr. P's Carp Carrots, and had some good looks and 2 takes. I've found that the carps in Reno love orange flies as well.

Mr. P's recipe is excellent.

Tomorrow it's streamer chuck time on a little farm stream with some hung ass browns and bows.

1 comment: