Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gilligan took the words outta my mouth.. and file this under the FREEDOM SECTION.


I just chatted with an ex-girlfriend.
We're still friends, she's a great girl, but there were irreconcilable differences. Example A:
Tonight she invited me to go to the crowded, disgusting, tourist filled, loud, blood pressure boiling, couldn't-pay-me-to-go-there-ever-on-a-summer-weekend Donner Lake on the 4th of fucking July for a party at her house, in the thick of said douche shenanigans..
My 4th is already planned, with my ideas of great times.
My whole family is going to a reunion(YES!) and I'm staying at my parents house with my dog, drinking whiskey and fishing my own creek with my dog. I will see 0 People. I will unplug the phone. I will shoot a shotgun naked off my back lawn. I will answer to no one. I want to stay as far away from Donner Lake as the Great PWNER and reason will allow.
It's simple:
I hate crowds, festivals, giant concerts, rallies, large gatherings, anything where I feel like I can't escape at anytime into oblivion. I hate being controlled on any level, and I hate the dip shits that come up to Tahoe, even though they sign my checks.
You gotta be bitter for something, if you disagree you're a fucking liar.
Why am I the grumpy ass?

I just want my Pabst in peace. A few shots of Jack.
I just want to speak no words except what I think my lab Rosie needs to hear, and cast dry flies to wild browns and a few carp here on the ranch.
I absolutely love freedom. Personal freedom. Freedom from the mechanical hands that justify orgies of control and confinement in the name of Freedom.
Nobody is going to keep me down, or tell me what to do. This is not entirely selfish, but it's 99 percent selfish. Live with resolve, die without regret.
I made up my mind a long time ago.
And every day my mind drifts deeper into a house in Alaska, with a float plane parked out front and my beard back to it's full glory.
Self isolationism.
I only have one qualm. I do like to be social. I do love my friends. I like girls.
You just have to find the right girl...

1 comment:

  1. Fucking A right. How rad is Clint. I'm wearing his shirt right now.

    ReplyDelete